Tuesday, August 28, 2012
Before I begin this post I want to apologize to anyone ready my posts for misspellings or funny phrases. By the time I post it is late, I am tired and probably had a beer! So forgive anything wonky!
Today we left Tokyo for Kyoto on the Bullet Train. Rik tells me we were going over 180 miles an hour. It really did not feel that fast. I enjoyed watching the change of scenery but missed Mt Fuji, hopefully I will see it on the way back. We arrived in Kyoto by lunch time, so we ate a nice Chinese lunch and then checked in. A quick rest and it was off to Gion, home of the Geisha's. We did not see any but enjoyed the shops and also saw a very nice shrine. I rang a few bells to awaken the spirits that lived there and then made a wish. I hope he (they) were listening!! After that we walked down by the river and over to a narrow street lined with all types of restaurants. With Rik and Mai as our guides we ate mixed noodles, some type of pancake, all made at tthe table by Rik and Mai. (Of course when Rik reads this he will just shake his head that I forgot the dishes name)But it was delicious and I plan to make it when I get home, what ever it is called. We finished off the night by eating mystery meat on yakatori sticks washed down by beer, all yummy. It was a humid but beautiful evening and to me really felt like what a westerner thinks of Japan. Now tomorrow we will push it to the limit climbing to shrines and such so it is a long shower and off to bed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment